Friday 12 June 2015

Tim's Shoe Fiddle

I had a brief dream last night featuring Tim Rice and Elton John (towards the end of last night I believe).
I can't think of anything immediately punchy related to the Circle of Life so pay attention and I will bring this baby home as soon as I can.

He was opposite me at a big oak table, as though we were in a library (Elton was off to the right and not really involved). He told me in that calm Countdown way of his...
"I bought a new pair of shoes recently. They cost $848".

"Wow, OK", I probably said.
"Yes, they were nice though", he continued. "I think they was worth blowing the departmental budget on".

That's odd I thought.... and then I thought... actually Tim that is quite droll.
(And this from a guy who wrote "although I'm dressed up to the nines, at sixes and sevens with you". So you can see my expectations were not high).


So I told him.

And he agreed.

No comments: