Thursday 4 April 2013

The Games People Play


Last night, I was playing an Improv game with a like-minded group of fellow bellends.

The idea was for the participants to step forward one at a time into the centre of the room and state they were an object.
"I am a flower"
Another person steps up and does the same thing.
"I am a vase"
Etc etc...
Until there's enough people to declare with one voice (if they are all on the same page by the end), the picture that they have built up.
"WE ARE A LIVING ROOM" (for example).

So, off we go.
Person number 1 walks up.
I am a chair.
Volunteer number 2...
I am a table.
Person number 3
I am a fork (thrilling isn't it?)
Number 4
I am a knife.

I am a spoon.

I decided to chip in....
I'm a can of Kestrel Superstrength.

To the credit of the next fellow to step up...
I am the Salvation Army.

The next fellow didn't quite get the point but tried..
I am a Tesco Metro.

I don't think we quite got to the point where a clear picture had built-up at this point so the teacher piped up and analysed our performance instead.

With a bit more time and focus, we might have well rewarded ourselves with a chorus of.
"WE ARE AN INTERVENTION"
But it never quite happened like that.

I think I was supposed to be a pepperpot.

No comments: