Thursday 11 September 2014

The King of Beers

Some years ago I entered a competition.
I intended my entry to entertain me for a while on a flight as I was flying to America.
But I completed my entry in 5 minutes on the connecting internal flight and posted it in Heathrow.

It was a competition based on the yellow piss liquid called Budweiser beer and I won the first prize which was an all expenses paid trip to Disneyland. Unfortunately I had just been there and the prize wasn't transferable so it was lost.

I told the story once or twice, but even to me it's always sounded a bit implausible. Surely the prize was one of those Reader's Digest prizes that weren't really real?
But it was. 
And I recently realised that I can prove it. 
Records, it turns out, are kept.

So the proof ...if you believe, of course, that this was my entry.

Which it was.





No comments: