Tuesday 21 July 2015

Tuesday, Sundae

I just fancy an Mr Kipling's Apple Sundae.
The one with the delicious 'cream' on the top. 
For licking.


I know what you're thinking. 
But it's only Tuuuesday!   Don't be a James Ha(y)ter.

Alas, as I suspected and to my dismay they are no longer in production.
I had cast a loose eye in recent visits to bigger supermarkets, and been exceedingly surprised.

So, of course, I just phoned Mr Kipling.
And he said they stop making them in the early 1990s.

The early 1990s!

Not just the 1990s.
But the early 1990s

You could have knocked me down with a feather.
Where am I going to get my deliciously hydrogenated transfats now?


I can't even find the original ad, so the apple pie ad where an old man attracts two young boys into his kitchen with sugary treats, will have to do. 

I wonder why that isn't on anymore.

No comments: