Sunday 25 April 2010

The Weekly Shop

I can tolerate a trip to the supermarket.
I can negogiate the challenges.
I can even live with the supermarkets who don't offer handbaskets even though they force me to buy only what I can carry.
I won't deny it's getting harder to find where I left my trolley in the larger supermarkets but I carry my confusion with great dignity and the casual observer would be none the wiser.
But don't ask me why....
Whenever I leave a supermarket or any other out of town shopping centre, when I get into my car, I do not want anyone else getting into their car next to my space and being about to drive off at the same time.
I find the chance of this happening accidentally remote. Yet clearly it isn't. It happens all the time.
I have lost count of the times I have written to Asda, Tesco etc to ask to them to make an announcement that odd and even numbered car park spaces check out separately in 15 minute
windows.
So all I ask is this.
When I am unpacking my trolley.
when I am turning the ignition.
When I am scrambling for my sunglasses.
That's my me time.

Kindly leave me alone.

No comments: